The Ring

Some of my favorite things about my engagement ring!

First off a little history about getting the ring... So over Christmas break Jordan and I decided to go ring shopping. We went to every store you can think of until we finally decided to stay local with a company in North Ogden called White Diamond, and I highly recommend them because they made my ring GORGEOUS! It was a long three hour process learning about diamonds and picking what we wanted, or I guess what I wanted but Jord helped a lot too!

1. The Diamond
We got the choice of three different teardrop shaped diamonds that came in different shapes and sizes. Before I even got to look at the diamonds closer I already knew which one I liked, but I wanted to keep and open mind. So after looking at the other two diamonds it was time to look at my favorite one under the microscope. Craig (the owner of White Diamond) told us that each diamond has its own flaws, but you can't see them with a naked eye. Each diamond we looked at under the microscope had a teeny tiny mark deep in the diamond. When we looked at my favorite diamond under the microscope I could see its little flaw and I LOVED it. The tiny mark in the diamond was in the shape of a J. The J mark was smack dab in the middle too. So even though no one can see it without a microscope I know its there and that little scratch was the deciding factor to get that diamond, I know a little cheesy but I don't care. J for Jordan! :)

2. Teardrop Shape
With the shape of a Teardrop ring, I have the choice to wear it pointing up or pointing down. I've read that back in the day when a husband's wife wore the teardrop shaped ring pointing down it was because she was mad and him and when she wore it pointing up it meant she was happy with him. Haha so Jord will know when I am mad at him because my ring will be pointing down. It's like reading my mind!

3. Making The Ring
At White Diamond they can make custom designed rings, which is what Jordan and I decided to do. This is why it took so long to to decide what the ring should look like, because I was always changing my mind or putting different types of rings together. I got to pick different things from each ring I saw in his office and customize my ring how I envisioned it. I loved this about White Diamond because I was able to get a ring that was unique to me.

4. The Band
On each side of the diamond the band is shaped like an infinity sign, with little diamonds embedded in the band. The band completed the elegant type of look I wanted and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. I didn't get to see it in person until Jord proposed. I only saw it on a computerized version of it, and it looks even better in person! :)



No comments