Kauai



I'll just start by saying Kauai is my new favorite place!
If you are thinking about vacationing to Hawaii GO TO KAUAI you will not be disappointed!
Me and Jord had never been to Hawaii before so we had some high expectations of beautiful green mountains and amazing beaches, and Kauai had it all. 

We had been planning our Hawaii trip for a while but we didn't decide to go to Kauai until a few days before we left and I am so happy we did. 
Such an amazing resort. Great food, amazing views, hammocks, and unreal sunsets! Oh and it's in the best location on the island. There is only one main road in Kauai so it wasn't too hard to get around. Our taxi driver one day said, "You're never going the wrong way, just the other way." So that was perfect!

If you do Hawaii you need a rental car! We were so happy with our red mini van we felt like locals with our boards strapped to the top. We used Turo for our rental car. It's pretty much like airbnb for a car. LOVED it, and loved the price! :) 

Who doesn't love eating at yummy places on vacation? I know I do and I always want to try the best places. There are so many great places to eat but these are the ones we tried and loved. 


Good Eats on Kauai
  • Tiki Tacos
  • Street Burger
  • Kalypso
  • Chicken in a Barrel
  • Sleeping Giant Grill
  • Random smoothie shacks on the side of the road :)
There is so much to do in Kauai it's insane but I'll just post our favorites. Mostly for me to remember and if anyone wants some good Kauai ideas.

Kealia Beach: We went surfing/body surfing/ boogie boarding here and I guess they weren't huge waves but they were big enough to knock me down and make me feel like I was drowning. Seriously rent some boards and stay out there for hours. Except don't get caught in the current been there done that (multiple times.... Jordan....) 

Lumahai Beach: We kind of found this beach by accident on the way to another beach and were so happy we did! It's kind of hidden with some cool cliffs to jump off of. 


Secret Falls: This is a such a beautiful waterfall! We rented paddleboards and paddle boarded the Wailua River and then hiked to the falls. I seriously could not get over how beautiful everything looked. And if anyone else loves Lost and Jurassic Park as much as I do you will be in Heaven. 



Queens Bath: Everyone kept saying how sketchy this place was and how people have died. But I didn't think it was bad at all. Maybe because we went in the summer when the water wasn't super rough. But jumping off those cliffs and only being able to get out when the water would rise was such a rush. When we were there the locals were doing gainers off the tallest cliffs. Maybe next time we go I can be brave enough to do that.... haha probably not!




Hanakapai'ai Trail and Falls: This was recommended to us from some good friends as the best waterfall in Kauai. And the trail to get to the falls is so worth it. This was probably the coolest hike I had ever done. The hike is along the infamous Napali Coast. I wish I could post mental pictures of all the views because pictures just don't do it justice. But this was probably the highlight of my trip! Now fair warning this hike is not for the faint of heart haha... It is 8 miles of mud, and rock, oh and we got lost! Haha but worth every step. 







Napali Coast Boat Tour: Our views from the Napali Coast hike were so incredible we decided to see them again. We booked our trip with Captain Andy's Boat Tour. This is by far the best way to see the beauty of the Napali Coast and listen to some good history and music while chilling on a sailboat. We saw turtles, and dolphins, got to snorkel, go sailing, and eat lots of food. I seriously don't think there is anything better than boating and food! :)




Kauai was an absolute dream and I can't wait to go back. After Kauai we island hopped over to Oahu and met up with some friends. So once I can find more time to post I will make a whole post about Oahu because wow! Each island has it's own beauty and experiences unlike the others. So stay tuned for more Hawaii... :)

No comments