My Favorite Reads

Who knew reading could be so much fun?
I have never been much of a reader. I always thought what could I get out of a book that I couldn't get out of a movie? The answer is true invested emotion. I seriously get so invested in my books I bring them on date night now. The feeling of having a good book you can't put down is the best feeling ever. I wanted to share some of my books I have read lately and why I love them.
First off, I am terrible at picking books so I love following Olivia Gochnour's blog willivia.com
She reads a ton and always has the best book recommendations. Some of my books are repeats of her suggestions but the more suggestions the more you will know how amazing these books are. 


Romance book. I got this book at the DI for $1. Best purchase ever. This book is so well written it keeps you hooked. It made me laugh and cry and love Jordan so much for not being a time traveler. But at the same time how cool if he was. Lots of cool stories. 


Thriller book. I wanted to read the book before watching the movie because I heard so many good things about it. And I love Emily Blunt. This book was amazing. I didn't think I would like a thriller because it wouldn't make me cry. But trying to figure out who murdered who is pretty cool too. My suggestion read the book first. But that's with every book...


Go buy this book RIGHT NOW!! I don't know if it was my love for the older generation or that I have been spending so much time with my Grandpa lately that made me absolutely love this book but I am so happy I found it. This book is a story about an older man and his life alone and his past and his future and uh just so much goodness. On the front cover there is a quote from PEOPLE saying "You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll feel new sympathy for the curmudgeons in your life." And that is exactly true. Jordan caught me on video a few times bawling my eyes out reading about Ove. So trust me you will not regret this buy. If you like a feel-good make you cry kind of read this is your book. 
Here is one of my favorite parts of the entire book. 
"Loving someone is like moving into a house. At first you fall in love with all the new things, amazed every morning that all this belongs to you, as if fearing that someone would suddenly come rushing in through the door to explain that a terrible mistake had been made, you weren't actually supposed to live in a wonderful place like this. Then over the years the walls become weathered, the wood splinters here and there, and you start to love that house not so much because of all its perfections, but rather for its imperfections. You get to know all the nooks and crannies. How to avoid getting the key caught in the lock when it's cold outside. Which of the floorboards flex slightly when one steps on them or exactly how to open the wardrobe doors without them creaking. These are the little secrets that make it your home." -Fredrick Backman


I felt a little weird buying this because it seems like your typical husband cheated on his wife book. But it's not! The author Liane Moriarty wrote Big Little Lies (I want to read next) and has gotten so much hype lately on her writing. So I tried it out and to be honest it wasn't my favorite. I was waiting the whole time for some huge world crashing event to happen once you find out the "husband's secret" but I didn't... Still a good read but not my favorite


Who doesn't love Chip and Joanna? And if you have no idea who they are go on to HGTV and record every episode of Fixer Upper and you will love them. They are so positive and uplifting I loved listening to their book. Yes, buy their audible book. Listening to them talk about their life and how they met, their trials, and successes is the way to go. 


This is a book about a neurosurgeon who is diagnosed with lung cancer and his story on facing death while living. This was a perfect book to read before I start my next year in nursing school it is his perspective of a doctor becoming a patient and how hard it is to hear world shattering news. The Epilogue is what got me. His wife ends the book with her side of his last days and it brought the water works. This book really makes you think hard about life and death. I was flipping through the book when I finished it and hadn't even realized how much I highlighted there is some serious gold in there. 

No comments