California Part 2

I promise I am not some major slacker with updating my blog.
I probably just need to learn better time management skills.
But now I am finally finishing our California trip!

We decided to drive to Huntington beach one day
because of all the hype.
And yes, this beach deserves all the hype it gets!
Huntington and Newport have to be my favorite beaches in California.
The beach shops were to die for, the gelato was delicious, and the waves were incredible.
We all rented boogie boards and shredded the Gnar... haha
at least we tried to think we did. 
I honestly wish I had the ocean in my backyard.

This gelato was too good not to take a picture of,
also this was the only picture I took that day.
As you can tell food is always my main priority.

Friday was my favorite day because we got to go into my favorite temple!
First off, the San Diego temple is amazing on the outside and even prettier on the inside.
And second I absolutely love going to the temple, especially with my sweet husband by my side. 
So happy to have these amazing temples so close.








After the temple we drove to LA to do some shopping and sightseeing.
There were two things on my list we had to do.
1. The artist Collette Miller started the Global Angel Wings Project in LA and I knew I had to find it.
Her art is for a great cause and it is beautiful, so of course we needed a picture in front of it!
2. I asked some friends, who went to California a few weeks before we did,
what was a must on the to-do-list and they said
CALIFORNIA DONUTS!
And again food is my main priority, I live to eat not eat to live, so that was a definite must.






The whole trip I wanted to do this hike called "The Devil's Punch Bowl".
It's a hike to a waterfall and pond you can swim in.
Well on our last day we drove there on our way home and found out 
we had to have a pass to get in.
Well bummer.... we didn't have one. So we turned around and went home.
But maybe this was a good thing because we found the orange orchards on the drive back
and they were so cool. We played a little hide-and-seek, hopefully we weren't trespassing.
We probably were but let's keep that on the down low.



We made a little pit stop in Vegas on the way home.
We had cokes around the world, rode New York New York, and swam with the fishes 
at the Golden Nugget Hotel.
Jordan and I are dying to go back already. 





No comments